Senior Account Handler
Do you love a challenge? We do.
Safeguard is a small but perfectly formed insurance broker, willing to punch above our weight.
Our competitors have described us as a ‘Sleeping Giant’ – we’ll take that one.
We are looking for someone with the hunger and drive it takes to be part of our team.
We don’t do ‘vanilla’
Working for national brokers at corporate companies can be soul destroying. You will have to treat your clients in a particular way, play by the book and churn out vanilla work, day on day. Are you treated as a number at work? Are you dissatisfied by your current employer’s restrictions? Stuck in a rut? We might be able to set you free.
At Safeguard, we do things differently.
We treat clients as individuals. We take on unique cases and relish the new challenge. We are experts in a number of specialist trades, including marine and construction. We are impartial and unbiased.
We go above and beyond.
Now we have the opportunity for a Senior Account Handler to join our team in our Kings Hill office. You will act as the primary contact for all your clients, building strong relationships with both them and their suppliers. You will need to have meticulous levels of attention to detail to excel in this role, so much so, that you’re bordering on obsessive.
- Cert CII &/or ACII &/or Fellowship
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Ambitious and motivated
- 7+ years’ experience in servicing commercial clients
- Extremely high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Commercial Combined products, Fleet, Marine Trade and Motor Trade policies
The skills above may be useful – but we hire on attitude – not just a polished CV. If you don’t tick all the boxes, don’t be afraid to try anyway. We like that in a candidate.
- Private medical/dental care
- CII qualification training
- Superior pension scheme
- 24 days holiday
- Continuous personal development and skills programmes
- Progression and succession training
- 1:1 coaching and mentoring
- Discounted gym membership at David Lloyd (pending)
- Dress down days
- Charity work and events
- Paid lunch break
- Free fruit, tea and coffee
If you have experience in the insurance industry and a passion for providing people with quality service, you could be exactly what Safeguard is looking for. If you would like to join our team, simply download and complete the application form to the right, and then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have enthusiasm and are eager to learn but do not yet have much insurance experience, why not apply for a trainee position? You can do this by downloading and completing the trainee application to the right and sending it to us, along with a copy of your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you soon, good luck.
The Application Process
If you are interested in applying for a position with Safeguard Insurance Services Limited, please ensure you follow the application process below.
Please complete an application form which should be downloaded from our website. Please note that we require you to also submit your CV and will only consider applications that are made with a fully completed application form and CV.
All successful applicants will be notified within a reasonable time frame.
Please complete the application form and return it by email or post to:
The Director of Human Resources
Safeguard Insurance Services Limited
Safeguard House, 371-375 Bexley Road
Guidelines for completing your application
- You may submit your application by post or email. Please only submit one application.
- Please submit a CV.
- If you are completing your application by hand rather than electronically, please make sure you write in black ink and take care to ensure your writing is legible.
- Please try to be as thorough as possible when completing your application. You may attach additional sheets where you have run out of space.
Our Standard Recruitment Process
- Telephone Interview
- Face-to-Face Interview
- Skills Test
- Job Offer