Safeguard is hiring!
Senior Account Handler
Safeguard is a small but perfectly formed insurance broker, willing to punch above our weight. Our competitors have described us as a ‘Sleeping Giant’ – we’ll take that one!
At Safeguard, we do things differently. We treat clients as individuals. We take on unique cases and relish the new challenge. We are experts in a number of specialist trades, including marine and construction. We are impartial and unbiased. We go above and beyond, providing clients critical advice in not just matters of insurance, putting us above the normal price driven insurance market and demonstrating our added value and unique quality.
As a Senior Commercial Account Handler you will be responsible for generating revenue and developing the profitability of the business predominately through 80% renewal and 20% new business income, whilst ensuring FCA compliance in all aspects of commercial insurance. You will act as the primary contact for your clients, building strong relationships with both them and their suppliers and ensuring a quality service is provided in accordance with their needs and requirements. You will need to have meticulous levels of attention to detail. Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency and professionalism when dealing with both the client and the insurer
- Negotiate and present to insurers face to face via modern technology in order to secure the most appropriate cover for the client.
- Provide expert product advice and guidance.
- Actively secure renewal business by re-broking existing business to ensure the client is presented with the most suitable and cost effective cover.
- Handle new business enquiries, renewals, mid-term adjustments, client queries and claims.
- Arrange premium finance policies.
- Achieve and maintain high levels of customer service and promote exceptional customer care standards.
- Conduct learning, training and assessment exercises.
- Liaise with Account Handlers, working as a team.
Skills & Experience
- Cert CII
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Ambitious and motivated
- Experience in servicing commercial clients
- Extremely high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of General Commercial Combined products
- ACII &/or Fellowship
- Knowledge of Open GI/Acturis
- Knowledge of insurer based portals
- Knowledge of Marine Trade, Construction and Motor Trade
- This role is based at our new and improved office in Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent. The Commercial team is based at this office comprising of the Director, HR & Office Manager, Account Executive and small Account Handling team.
Permanent. Full time.
- Private medical/dental care
- Superior pension scheme
- 24 days holiday
- Continuous personal development and skills programmes
- Dress down Friday
- Charity work and events
- Paid lunch break
- Fresh fruit
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position with Safeguard Insurance Services Limited, please click on the application form link at the top of the page. Please download and complete the form and send this along with your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you soon, good luck!